Gravel Origins 83
The Roc Staff are hard at work on a memorable experience for you and looking forward to seeing you in Fréjus. In the meantime, check out the following information, instructions and tips to make sure you are ready for the start!
- Wednesday 10 Oct from 2 pm and Thursday: race number retrieval
- Thursday at 5 pm: briefing and meet-up with the Staff at Club Roc
- Friday at 6:30 am: bag drop-off before heading to the starting area
- Friday and Saturday: riding up and down, up and down and up again… and taking in the landscapes with every pedal stroke
Find out now what we have got in store for you for the upcoming edition of the Gravel Origins 83 on Friday 11 and Saturday 12 October.
- Day 1 : Friday 11 October: Fréjus > Bauduen, 127 km - D+ 2660m / D-2110m
- Day 2 : Saturday 12 October: Bauduen > Fréjus, 150 km - D+ 2215m / D-2760m
- A GPS device (watch or phone) on which you have loaded the tracks available here. You will receive an e-mail notification if the course changes.
- A phone and charger so that the organisers can get in touch with you at all times. If you run into trouble, you can also call the Race CP at the number displayed on the frame number.
- Clothes to keep you safe and comfortable under all circumstances (rain, wind, at night) both on the course and at the camping site in the evening and night (warm clothes).
- Safety gear: front and rear lights and an approved helmet. A headlamp (you never know when it will come in handy) and a reflective vest are also recommended because the race will start before sunrise.
- Means of payment —we are not sending you to a desert island, after all
- A basic repair kit
- Bedsheets, if you have selected accommodation in bungalows. Make sure you know how to set up a tent if you choose this option!
SHARE YOUR ADVENTURE:
The GPS beacon is not just a way for the organisers to locate you. You can also share the following link with your friends and family so that they can follow your progression in real time!
Social media: use the hashtag #GO83 to share the most breathtaking snapshots of your adventure, the people you meet and any setbacks you suffer (hopefully none)!
LET US TAKE CARE OF THE REST
- A GPS beacon and its charger so that we can locate you at all times (to be retrieved when you drop off your bag on Friday).
- 4 checkpoints on each day of racing where you can get something to eat, something to drink and basic repair tools. Remember to bring some energy bars!
- Instructions on how to get to the car park closest to the Village. Included in the rider bag that you will receive along with your race number. How to get to the nature base
- Luggage shipment from Fréjus to the camping site and back. Drop off your luggage on the start line at 6:30 am on Friday 11 October.
- A convivial meal on Friday evening and breakfast on Saturday.
- A medical team and motorbike riders will be there to keep an eye on you during the race. Remember that the existence of safety measures is not an excuse to behave recklessly.
A FEW RULES
- Traffic rules and basic safety rules: you will be riding on roads open to traffic, so refrain from taking risks. After all, what is the point of risking life and limb in a non-timed event?
- Protecting the environment and the backdrop to the race: taking you to the most exceptional and well-preserved places in our hinterland was no easy task. It will only really be an awesome experience if you and many other gravel grinders can come back and enjoy it later!
- Get in touch with the organisers straight away if other people are planning to join you at the camping site.
- Time limits, which help us to keep you safe! If you find yourself struggling, we can take you to the camping site on Friday evening and Fréjus on Saturday.
Do not hesitate to ask if you still have any questions.
You can call our customer service at +33 (0)9 69 36 88 21 (standard rate number).
You can also meet our Staff at the briefing (Thursday 10 at 5 pm at Club Roc). We are here to help!