MY FIRST ROC
The Roc d’Azur is something that you must do at least once in a lifetime, whether you’re with family or friends!
You’ve decided to join the adventure or are thinking about it…
Here are some tips to help you prepare for the biggest mountain biking event in the world
If you’re staying in accommodation near the Base Nature in Fréjus, it’s best to cycle there.
By leaving your car behind, you’ll avoid the inevitable traffic jams at the exit of the car park.
The first thing you need to do once you get to the Base Nature is to come and collect your race number(s).
- Where: the Espace Caquot, the big hangar located on the seafront alongside the exhibition facing the sea;
- When: To avoid being stressed, come and collect your race number the day before your race. If it’s not possible, you have up until an hour before the start to do so;
- What you need: Don’t forget to present your notification letter (sent by email before the event), a proof of identity and your medical certificate or your licence. If you have a licence, please verify to make sure that we can accept it (see the conditions here- N.B.: no foreign licences will be accepted). If you have a medical certificate, please verify that it mentions the words “cyclisme en compétition” (competitive cycling events).
- Times: on Wednesday from 2pm to 7pm, from Thursday to Saturday from 7am to 7pm and on Sunday from 7am to 9am
The big day has arrived and it’s time to go out and enjoy the fantastic scenery on the courses!
- Essentials: there are feeding stations on all courses but plan to take some liquids and food with you just in case. And because you can never be too careful, take your mobile and some money with you in a rucksack;
- Equipment: like all good riders, don’t forget your helmet (compulsory for everyone) and you may need other equipment depending on the race in which you’re participating (see the rules here). Before you set off, securely attach the number plate to the front of your handlebars, ensuring that the number is clearly visible and pin the race number to your back with the pins supplied in your race number envelope;
- Notification letter: once you are on site, make your way to the start 30 mins before the beginning of your race. All the times are listed on your notification letter. Please be aware that not all the races start at the Base Nature so make sure you check carefully! If your race has several start waves, check your notification letter for the numbers in each start wave.
There are a number of rider services on the Base Nature for your comfort!
- Bike storage: secure bike storage during the day and overnight to leave you free to enjoy everything going on at the Base;
- Roc Cleaning Center: an area with products supplied by our partner Muc-off available for your use to clean your bike and take it home sparkling new!
- Osteopaths: don’t miss out on the free osteopath service at the finish of all the races! In fact, you don’t even need to wait for the end of the race, why not go for a quick massage before your event to make sure that you set off in the best possible conditions!
- Roc Service Center: got a question? Fancy testing one of the many bikes presented by our exhibitors and partners? Looking for your results? You’ll find all that and much more at the Roc Service Center, where we’ll be there to help you!
Since the Roc is not just about sporting events, take the time to enjoy everything that’s going on around it.
- Exhibition: more than 300 exhibitors are present at the Roc to showcase their latest equipment and allow you to test the models free of charge.
- Entertainment: whether it’s shows, initiations, music, etc., entertainment will punctuate the life of the Nature Base.
- Podium: in addition to the daily prize giving ceremonies, the central podium will play host to the Roc’s partners’ entertainment and activities;
- Sport & entertainment: if you also want to drop by to see the bikers, don’t miss the start of the Tri Roc, on the Nature Base’s beach on Thursday at 1pm, or go and discover the Col de Bougnon, where a large number of spectators / supporters gather to cheer on the riders!
- Catering: there are a variety of catering facilities present at the Nature Base.
You’ll receive a programme of the entertainment on offer to make sure you don’t miss a thing!
The Mediterranean at your feet, the sun overhead and the Massif des Maures in the background!